It's election season! You've probably heard that this election is critical to protecting abortion access and reproductive healthcare in North Carolina and across the southeast. It's true! Make your plan now to go vote.
Here are some important dates to keep in mind:
- You can now request your absentee ballot! See https://www.ncsbe.gov/voting for more information.
- October 14th is the deadline for regular voter registration.
- October 20th is when One-Stop Early Voting starts. You can register to vote/update your registration and vote the same day at *any* Early Voting location in your county of residence.
- November 1st is the deadline to request an absentee ballot.
- November 5th at 3:00pm is when One-Stop Early Voting ends! As long as you are in line by 3:00pm, you have the right to vote.
- November 8th is Election Day! Polls are open from 6:30am to 7:30pm, and as long as you are in line by 7:30pm, you have the right to vote.
If you have any issues or problems when voting, contact the Election Protection Hotline at 888-OUR-VOTE (888-687-8683). The hotline is available Monday-Friday, 9:00am–5:00pm throughout the year. Callers may ask questions about how to register to vote, how to cast a ballot in North Carolina, or report voting problems.
Did you know you can also print out your sample ballot now? Your ballot is likely long and there may be races, including judicial and local offices, that you are not as familiar with. All of these races are important! When you look up your voter registration at the link below, you also will have an option to see and print your sample ballot: https://vt.ncsbe.gov/RegLkup/
Check it out, do your research on the candidates, and make your plan to go vote!
See you at the polls!
P.S. You can look at Pro-Choice North Carolina's PAC list of endorsements here. Check back for more.